spark-user mailing list archives

From "Cheng, Hao" <hao.ch...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Registering custom UDAFs with HiveConetxt in SparkSQL, how?
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:13:57 GMT
Currently, Spark SQL doesn’t provide interface for developing the custom UDTF, but it can
work seamless with Hive UDTF.

I am working on the UDTF refactoring for Spark SQL, hopefully will provide an Hive independent
UDTF soon after that.

From: shahab [mailto:shahab.mokari@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 5:44 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Registering custom UDAFs with HiveConetxt in SparkSQL, how?

Hi,

I need o develop couple of UDAFs and use them in the SparkSQL. While UDFs can be registered
as a function in HiveContext, I could not find any documentation of how UDAFs can be registered
in the HiveContext?? so far what I have found is to make a JAR file, out of developed UDAF
class, and then deploy the JAR file to SparkSQL .

But is there any way to avoid deploying the jar file and register it programmatically?

best,
/Shahab