spark-user mailing list archives

From jay vyas <jayunit100.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Untangling dependency issues in spark streaming
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2015 23:29:00 GMT
thanks for posting this! Ive ran into similar issues before, and generally
its a bad idea to swap the libraries out and "pray fot the best", so the
shade functionality is probably the best feature.

Unfortunately, im not sure how well SBT and Gradle support shading... how
do folks using next gen build tools solve this problem?

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 3:10 AM, Neelesh <neeleshs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   My streaming app uses org.apache.httpcomponent:httpclient:4.3.6, but
> spark uses 4.2.6 , and I believe thats what's causing the following error.
> I've tried setting
> spark.executor.userClassPathFirst & spark.driver.userClassPathFirst to
> true in the config, but that does not solve it either. Finally I had to
> resort to relocating classes using maven shade plugin while building my
> apps uber jar, using
>
> <relocations>
>     <relocation>
>         <pattern>org.apache.http</pattern>
>         <shadedPattern>org.shaded.apache.http</shadedPattern>
>     </relocation>
> </relocations>
>

> Hope this is useful to others in the same situation. It would be really great to deal
with this the right way (like tomcat or any other servlet container - classloader hierarchy
etc).

--
jay vyas