spark-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ (๏̯͡๏) <deepuj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to Hive program from Spark Programming Guide (OutOfMemoryError)
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 08:10:02 GMT
Resolved. Bold text is FIX.

./bin/spark-submit -v --master yarn-cluster --jars
/home/dvasthimal/spark1.3/spark-avro_2.10-1.0.0.jar,/home/dvasthimal/spark1.3/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2.4/lib/datanucleus-api-jdo-3.2.6.jar,/home/dvasthimal/spark1.3/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2.4/lib/datanucleus-core-3.2.10.jar,/home/dvasthimal/spark1.3/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2.4/lib/datanucleus-rdbms-3.2.9.jar
--num-executors 1 --driver-memory 4g *--driver-java-options
"-XX:MaxPermSize=2G" *--executor-memory 2g --executor-cores 1 --queue
hdmi-express --class com.ebay.ep.poc.spark.reporting.SparkApp
spark_reporting-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar startDate=2015-02-16 endDate=2015-02-16
input=/user/dvasthimal/epdatasets/successdetail1/part-r-00000.avro
subcommand=successevents2 output=/user/dvasthimal/epdatasets/successdetail2


On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 7:54 AM, ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ (๏̯͡๏) <deepujain@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone please respond to this ?
>
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 11:18 PM, ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ (๏̯͡๏) <deepujain@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.3.0/sql-programming-guide.html#hive-tables
>>
>>
>>
>> I modified the Hive query but run into same error. (
>> http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.3.0/sql-programming-guide.html#hive-tables
>> )
>>
>>
>>     val sqlContext = new org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext(sc)
>>     sqlContext.sql("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS src_spark (key INT, value
>> STRING)")
>>     sqlContext.sql("LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH
>> 'examples/src/main/resources/kv1.txt' INTO TABLE src")
>>
>>     // Queries are expressed in HiveQL
>>     sqlContext.sql("FROM src SELECT key,
>> value").collect().foreach(println)
>>
>>
>>
>> Command
>>
>> ./bin/spark-submit -v --master yarn-cluster --jars
>> /home/dvasthimal/spark1.3/spark-avro_2.10-1.0.0.jar,/home/dvasthimal/spark1.3/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2.4/lib/datanucleus-api-jdo-3.2.6.jar,/home/dvasthimal/spark1.3/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2.4/lib/datanucleus-core-3.2.10.jar,/home/dvasthimal/spark1.3/spark-1.3.0-bin-hadoop2.4/lib/datanucleus-rdbms-3.2.9.jar
>> --num-executors 3 --driver-memory 8g --executor-memory 2g --executor-cores
>> 1 --queue hdmi-express --class com.ebay.ep.poc.spark.reporting.SparkApp
>> spark_reporting-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar startDate=2015-02-16 endDate=2015-02-16
>> input=/user/dvasthimal/epdatasets/successdetail1/part-r-00000.avro
>> subcommand=successevents2 output=/user/dvasthimal/epdatasets/successdetail2
>>
>>
>> Input
>>
>> -sh-4.1$ ls -l examples/src/main/resources/kv1.txt
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 dvasthimal gid-dvasthimal 5812 Mar  5 17:31
>> examples/src/main/resources/kv1.txt
>> -sh-4.1$ head examples/src/main/resources/kv1.txt
>> 238val_238
>> 86val_86
>> 311val_311
>> 27val_27
>> 165val_165
>> 409val_409
>> 255val_255
>> 278val_278
>> 98val_98
>> 484val_484
>> -sh-4.1$
>>
>> Log
>>
>> /apache/hadoop/bin/yarn logs -applicationId
>> application_1426715280024_82757
>>
>> …
>> …
>> …
>>
>>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:44 INFO metastore.HiveMetaStore: No user is added in admin
>> role, since config is empty
>> 15/03/25 07:52:44 INFO session.SessionState: No Tez session required at
>> this point. hive.execution.engine=mr.
>> 15/03/25 07:52:47 INFO parse.ParseDriver: Parsing command: CREATE TABLE
>> IF NOT EXISTS src_spark (key INT, value STRING)
>> 15/03/25 07:52:47 INFO parse.ParseDriver: Parse Completed
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: <PERFLOG method=Driver.run
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: <PERFLOG method=TimeToSubmit
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO ql.Driver: Concurrency mode is disabled, not
>> creating a lock manager
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: <PERFLOG method=compile
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: <PERFLOG method=parse
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO parse.ParseDriver: Parsing command: CREATE TABLE
>> IF NOT EXISTS src_spark (key INT, value STRING)
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO parse.ParseDriver: Parse Completed
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: </PERFLOG method=parse
>> start=1427295168392 end=1427295168393 duration=1
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: <PERFLOG method=semanticAnalyze
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO parse.SemanticAnalyzer: Starting Semantic Analysis
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO parse.SemanticAnalyzer: Creating table src_spark
>> position=27
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO metastore.HiveMetaStore: 0: get_table : db=default
>> tbl=src_spark
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO HiveMetaStore.audit: ugi=dvasthimal
>> ip=unknown-ip-addr cmd=get_table : db=default tbl=src_spark
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO metastore.HiveMetaStore: 0: get_database: default
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO HiveMetaStore.audit: ugi=dvasthimal
>> ip=unknown-ip-addr cmd=get_database: default
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO ql.Driver: Semantic Analysis Completed
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: </PERFLOG method=semanticAnalyze
>> start=1427295168393 end=1427295168595 duration=202
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO ql.Driver: Returning Hive schema:
>> Schema(fieldSchemas:null, properties:null)
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: </PERFLOG method=compile
>> start=1427295168352 end=1427295168607 duration=255
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: <PERFLOG method=Driver.execute
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO ql.Driver: Starting command: CREATE TABLE IF NOT
>> EXISTS src_spark (key INT, value STRING)
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: </PERFLOG method=TimeToSubmit
>> start=1427295168349 end=1427295168625 duration=276
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: <PERFLOG method=runTasks
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:48 INFO log.PerfLogger: <PERFLOG method=task.DDL.Stage-0
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> 15/03/25 07:52:51 INFO exec.DDLTask: Default to LazySimpleSerDe for table
>> src_spark
>> 15/03/25 07:52:52 INFO metastore.HiveMetaStore: 0: create_table:
>> Table(tableName:src_spark, dbName:default, owner:dvasthimal, createTime:
>> 1427295171, lastAccessTime:0, retention:0,
>> sd:StorageDescriptor(cols:[FieldSchema(name:key, type:int, comment:null),
>> FieldSchema(name:value, type:string, comment:null)], location:null,
>> inputFormat:org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TextInputFormat,
>> outputFormat:org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveIgnoreKeyTextOutputFormat,
>> compressed:false, numBuckets:-1, serdeInfo:SerDeInfo(name:null,
>> serializationLib:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe,
>> parameters:{serialization.format=1}), bucketCols:[], sortCols:[],
>> parameters:{}, skewedInfo:SkewedInfo(skewedColNames:[], skewedColValues:[],
>> skewedColValueLocationMaps:{}), storedAsSubDirectories:false),
>> partitionKeys:[], parameters:{}, viewOriginalText:null,
>> viewExpandedText:null, tableType:MANAGED_TABLE)
>> 15/03/25 07:52:52 INFO HiveMetaStore.audit: ugi=dvasthimal
>> ip=unknown-ip-addr cmd=create_table: Table(tableName:src_spark,
>> dbName:default, owner:dvasthimal, createTime:1427295171,
>> lastAccessTime:0, retention:0,
>> sd:StorageDescriptor(cols:[FieldSchema(name:key, type:int, comment:null),
>> FieldSchema(name:value, type:string, comment:null)], location:null,
>> inputFormat:org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TextInputFormat,
>> outputFormat:org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveIgnoreKeyTextOutputFormat,
>> compressed:false, numBuckets:-1, serdeInfo:SerDeInfo(name:null,
>> serializationLib:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe,
>> parameters:{serialization.format=1}), bucketCols:[], sortCols:[],
>> parameters:{}, skewedInfo:SkewedInfo(skewedColNames:[], skewedColValues:[],
>> skewedColValueLocationMaps:{}), storedAsSubDirectories:false),
>> partitionKeys:[], parameters:{}, viewOriginalText:null,
>> viewExpandedText:null, tableType:MANAGED_TABLE)
>> 15/03/25 07:52:55 INFO log.PerfLogger: </PERFLOG method=Driver.execute
>> start=1427295168607 end=1427295175852 duration=7245
>> from=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver>
>> Exception in thread "Driver"
>> Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the
>> UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Driver"
>>
>> LogType: stdout
>> LogLength: 0
>> Log Contents:
>>
>>
>>
>> hive> describe src_spark;
>> FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10001]: Table not found src_spark
>> hive>
>>
>>
>>
>> Any suggestions ?
>>
>>
>> I tried with 10g, 12g and 14g (max) for driver memory, but i still see
>> the OutOfMemory exception.
>>
>> Please suggest
>>
>> --
>> Deepak
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Deepak
>
>


-- 
Deepak

Mime
View raw message