spark-user mailing list archives

From "Kelly, Jonathan" <jonat...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: Spark and OpenJDK - jar: No such file or directory
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:10:06 GMT
Ah, never mind, I found the jar command in the java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel package.  I only had
java-1.7.0-openjdk installed.  Looks like I just need to install java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel
then set JAVA_HOME to /usr/lib/jvm/java instead of /usr/lib/jvm/jre.

~ Jonathan Kelly

From: <Kelly>, Jonathan Kelly <jonathak@amazon.com<mailto:jonathak@amazon.com>>
Date: Monday, March 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM
To: "user@spark.apache.org<mailto:user@spark.apache.org>" <user@spark.apache.org<mailto:user@spark.apache.org>>
Subject: Spark and OpenJDK - jar: No such file or directory

I'm trying to use OpenJDK 7 with Spark 1.3.0 and noticed that the compute-classpath.sh script
is not adding the datanucleus jars to the classpath because compute-classpath.sh is assuming
to find the jar command in $JAVA_HOME/bin/jar, which does not exist for OpenJDK.  Is this
an issue anybody else has run into?  Would it be possible to use the unzip command instead?

The fact that $JAVA_HOME/bin/jar is missing also breaks the check that ensures that Spark
was built with a compatible version of java to the one being used to launch spark.  The unzip
tool of course wouldn't work for this, but there's probably another easy alternative to $JAVA_HOME/bin/jar.

~ Jonathan Kelly