spark-user mailing list archives

From "Wang, Ningjun (LNG-NPV)" <ningjun.w...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject Is it possible to use windows service to start and stop spark standalone cluster
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 03:47:35 GMT
We are using spark stand alone cluster on Windows 2008 R2. I can start spark clusters by open
an command prompt and run the following

bin\spark-class.cmd org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master

bin\spark-class.cmd org.apache.spark.deploy.worker.Worker spark://mywin.mydomain.com:7077

I can stop spark cluster by pressing Ctril-C.

The problem is that if the machine is reboot, I have to manually start the spark cluster again
as above. Is it possible to use a windows service to start cluster? This way when the machine
is reboot, the windows service will automatically restart spark cluster. How to stop spark
cluster using windows service is also a challenge.

Please advise.

Thanks

Ningjun