spark-user mailing list archives

From "LiuZeshan" <liu.zes...@qq.com>
Subject how to cache table with OFF_HEAP storage level in SparkSQL thriftserver
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 03:37:36 GMT
hi all:

I got a spark on yarn cluster (spark-1.3.0, hadoop-2.2.0) with hive-0.12.0 and tachyon-0.6.1,

and now I start SparkSQL thriftserver with start-thriftserver.sh, and use beeline to connect
to thriftserver according to spark document.

My question is: how to cache table with specified storage level, such as OFF_HEAP to me?

I have dug into spark document and spark-user mail list, and did not get any idea.

If I run `cache table TABLENAME` in beeline prompt line, I find this on monitor UI.
I think rdd is cached in default storage level(MEMORY_ONLY), that is not what I want.

Thanks