For Gradle, there are:
https://github.com/musketyr/gradle-fatjar-plugin
https://github.com/johnrengelman/shadow

FYI

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 4:29 PM, jay vyas <jayunit100.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
thanks for posting this! Ive ran into similar issues before, and generally its a bad idea to swap the libraries out and "pray fot the best", so the shade functionality is probably the best feature.

Unfortunately, im not sure how well SBT and Gradle support shading... how do folks using next gen build tools solve this problem?