Yes!

Any reason this happen in my environment and not in any sample code I found?
Should I fix something in the path or env?

Eran

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
Have you tried adding the following ?

import org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext

Cheers

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 6:45 AM, IT CTO <goi.cto@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks.
I am new to the environment and running cloudera CDH5.3 with spark in it.

apparently when running in spark-shell this command  val sqlContext = new SQLContext(sc)
I am failing with the not found type SQLContext

Any idea why?