I used "local[*]". The CPU hits about 80% when there are active jobs, then it drops to about 13% and hand for a very long time.

Thanks,
David

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:46 Akhil Das <akhil@sigmoidanalytics.com> wrote:
How many threads are you allocating while creating the sparkContext? like local[4] will allocate 4 threads. You can try increasing it to a higher number also try setting level of parallelism to a higher number.

Thanks
Best Regards