Jorn: Vertica

Cody: I posited the limit just as an example of how jdbcrdd could be used least invasively. Let's say we used a partition on a time field -- we would still need to have N executions of those queries. The queries we have are very intense and concurrency is an issue even if the the N partitioned queries are smaller. Some queries require evaluating the whole data set first. If our use case a simple select * from table.. Then the partitions would be an easier sell if it wasn't for the concurrency problem :) Long story short -- we need only one execution of the query and would like to just divy out the result set.