spark-user mailing list archives

From Yifan LI <iamyifa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No space left on device??
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 13:09:43 GMT
Thanks, Shao. :-)

I am wondering if the spark will rebalance the storage overhead in runtime…since still there
is some available space on other nodes.

Best,
Yifan LI

> On 06 May 2015, at 14:57, Saisai Shao <sai.sai.shao@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think you could configure multiple disks through spark.local.dir, default is /tmp.
Anyway if your intermediate data is larger than available disk space, still will meet this
issue.

> spark.local.dir	/tmp	Directory to use for "scratch" space in Spark, including map output
files and RDDs that get stored on disk. This should be on a fast, local disk in your system.
It can also be a comma-separated list of multiple directories on different disks. NOTE: In
Spark 1.0 and later this will be overriden by SPARK_LOCAL_DIRS (Standalone, Mesos) or LOCAL_DIRS
(YARN) environment variables set by the cluster manager.

> Hi,
>
> I am running my graphx application on Spark, but it failed since there is an error on
one executor node(on which available hdfs space is small) that “no space left on device”.

> I can understand why it happened, because my vertex(-attribute) rdd was becoming bigger
and bigger during computation…, so maybe sometime the request on that node was too bigger
than available space.

> But, is there any way to avoid this kind of error? I am sure that the overall disk space
of all nodes is enough for my application.