spark-user mailing list archives

From Mohammed Guller <moham...@glassbeam.com>
Subject RE: Anybody using Spark SQL JDBC server with DSE Cassandra?
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 18:33:34 GMT
Nobody using Spark SQL JDBC/Thrift server with DSE Cassandra?

Mohammed

From: Mohammed Guller [mailto:mohammed@glassbeam.com]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 11:49 AM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Anybody using Spark SQL JDBC server with DSE Cassandra?

Hi -

We have successfully integrated Spark SQL with Cassandra. We have a backend that provides
a REST API that allows users to execute SQL queries on data in C*. Now we would like to also
support JDBC/ODBC connectivity , so that user can use tools like Tableau to query data in
C* through the Spark SQL JDBC server.

However, I have been unable to find a driver that would allow the Spark SQL Thrift/JDBC server
to connect with Cassandra. DataStax provides a closed-source driver that comes only with the
DSE version of Cassandra.

I would like to find out how many people are using the Spark SQL JDBC server + DSE Cassandra
combination. If you do use Spark SQL JDBC server + DSE, I would appreciate if you could share
your experience. For example, what kind of issues you have run into? How is the performance?
What reporting tools you are using?

Thank  you.

Mohammed