spark-user mailing list archives

From dgoldenberg <dgoldenberg...@gmail.com>
Subject How to share large resources like dictionaries while processing data with Spark ?
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 21:49:46 GMT
We have some pipelines defined where sometimes we need to load potentially
large resources such as dictionaries.

What would be the best strategy for sharing such resources among the
transformations/actions within a consumer?  Can they be shared somehow
across the RDD's?

I'm looking for a way to load such a resource once into the cluster memory
and have it be available throughout the lifecycle of a consumer...

Thanks.