spark-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Chen <...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: Accessing Kerberos Secured HDFS Resources from Spark on Mesos
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 16:49:43 GMT
Hi Dave,

I don't understand Keeberos much but if you know the exact steps that needs to happen I can
see how we can make that happen with the Spark framework.

Tim

> On Jun 26, 2015, at 8:49 AM, Dave Ariens <dariens@blackberry.com> wrote:
>
> I understand that Kerberos support for accessing Hadoop resources in Spark only works
when running Spark on YARN.  However, I'd really like to hack something together for Spark
on Mesos running alongside a secured Hadoop cluster.  My simplified appplication (gist: https://gist.github.com/ariens/2c44c30e064b1790146a)
receives a Kerberos principal and keytab when submitted.  The static main method called currently
then performs a UserGroupInformation. loginUserFromKeytab(userPrincipal, userKeytab) and authenticates
to the Hadoop.  This works on YARN (curiously without even without having to kinit first),
but not on Mesos.  Is there a way to have the slaves  running the tasks perform the same kerberos
login before they attempt to access HDFS?

> Putting aside the security of Spark/Mesos and how that keytab would get distributed,
I'm just looking for a working POC.

> Is there a way to leverage the Broadcast capability to send a function that performs
this?

> https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/scala/index.html#org.apache.spark.broadcast.Broadcast
>
> Ideally, I'd love for this to not incur much overhead and just simply allow me to work
around the absent Kerberos support...