spark-user mailing list archives

From "Evo Eftimov" <evo.efti...@isecc.com>
Subject RE: How to increase the number of tasks
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 10:10:12 GMT
The param is for “Default number of partitions in RDDs returned by transformations like join,
reduceByKey, and parallelize when NOT set by user.”

While Deepak is setting the number of partitions EXPLICITLY

From: 李铖 [mailto:lidaling1@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2015 11:08 AM
To: ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ (๏̯͡๏)
Cc: Evo Eftimov; user
Subject: Re: How to increase the number of tasks

just multiply 2-4 with the cpu core number of the node .

I did not change spark.default.parallelism,

What is recommended value for it.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 3:31 PM, 李铖 <lidaling1@gmail.com> wrote:

Did you have a change of the value of 'spark.default.parallelism'?be a bigger number.

It may be that your system runs out of resources (ie 174 is the ceiling) due to the following

1.       RDD Partition = (Spark) Task

2.       RDD Partition != (Spark) Executor

3.       (Spark) Task != (Spark) Executor

4.       (Spark) Task = JVM Thread

5.       (Spark) Executor = JVM instance