spark-user mailing list archives

From Mario Pastorelli <mario.pastore...@teralytics.ch>
Subject Use logback instead of log4j in a Spark job
Date Sun, 28 Jun 2015 17:10:18 GMT
Hey sparkers,

I'm trying to use Logback for logging from my Spark jobs but I noticed that
if I submit the job with spark-submit then the log4j implementation of
slf4j is loaded instead of logback. Consequently, any call to
org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger will return a log4j logger instead of a
logback one, even if my job has been developed with only logback as
dependency. I got the jobs to work by not using spark-submit but I was
wondering if there is a better way to enforce the use of logback instead of
lo4j for a Spark job. Any idea?

Thanks,
Mario