spark-user mailing list archives

From Guru Medasani <gdm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark + Jupyter (IPython Notebook)
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:38:59 GMT
Hi Jerry,

Yes. I’ve seen customers using this in production for data science work. I’m currently
using this for one of my projects on a cluster as well.

Also, here is a blog that describes how to configure this.

http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2014/08/how-to-use-ipython-notebook-with-apache-spark/ <http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2014/08/how-to-use-ipython-notebook-with-apache-spark/>

Guru Medasani
gdmeda@gmail.com

> On Aug 18, 2015, at 8:35 AM, Jerry Lam <chilinglam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi spark users and developers,
>
> Did anyone have IPython Notebook (Jupyter) deployed in production that uses Spark as
the computational engine?

> I know Databricks Cloud provides similar features with deeper integration with Spark.
However, Databricks Cloud has to be hosted by Databricks so we cannot do this.

> Other solutions (e.g. Zeppelin) seem to reinvent the wheel that IPython has already offered
years ago. It would be great if someone can educate me the reason behind this.