spark-user mailing list archives

From Ishwardeep Singh <ishwardeep.si...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Spark SQL support for Hive 0.14
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 09:08:05 GMT
Thanks Steve and Michael for your response.

Is there a tentative release date for Spark 1.5?

From: Michael Armbrust [mailto:michael@databricks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 11:53 PM
To: Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com>
Cc: Ishwardeep Singh <ishwardeep.singh@impetus.co.in>; user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Spark SQL support for Hive 0.14

I'll add that while Spark SQL 1.5 compiles against Hive 1.2.1, it has support for reading
from metastores for Hive 0.12 - 1.2.1

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com<mailto:stevel@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:
Spark 1.3.1 & 1.4 only support Hive 0.13

Spark 1.5 is going to be released against Hive 1.2.1; it'll skip Hive .14 support entirely
and go straight to the currently supported Hive release.

See SPARK-8064 for the gory details