I found SPARK-3733 which was marked dup of SPARK-4924 which went to 1.4.0

FYI

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 5:12 AM, mark <manwoodvice@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi All

I need to be able to create, submit and report on Spark jobs programmatically in response to events arriving on a Kafka bus. I also need end-users to be able to create data queries that launch Spark jobs 'behind the scenes'.

I would expect to use the same API for both, and be able to provide a user friendly view (ie. not the Spark web UI) of all jobs (user and system) that are currently running, have completed, failed etc.

Are there any tools / add-ons for this? Or is there a suggested approach?

Thanks