spark-user mailing list archives

From sreeramvenkat <sreera...@infosys.com>
Subject HiveThriftServer not registering with Zookeeper
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 10:10:37 GMT
Hi,

 I am trying to setup dynamic service discovery for HiveThriftServer in a
two node cluster.

In the thrift server logs, I am not seeing itself registering with zookeeper
- no znode is getting created.

Pasting relevant section from my $SPARK_HOME/conf/hive-site.xml

<property>
  <name>hive.zookeeper.quorum</name>
  <value>host1:port1,host2:port2</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.support.dynamic.service.discovery</name>
  <value>true</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.zookeeper.namespace</name>
  <value>hivethriftserver2</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.zookeeper.client.port</name>
  <value>2181</value>
</property>

 Any help is appreciated.

PS: Zookeeper is working fine and zknodes are getting created with
hiveserver2. This issue happens only with hivethriftserver.

Regards,
Sreeram