spark-user mailing list archives

From JJ <jessjeff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GraphX create graph with multiple node attributes
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2015 15:14:35 GMT
Robineast wrote
> 2) let GraphX supply a null instead
>      val graph = Graph(vertices, edges)  // vertices found in 'edges' but
> not in 'vertices' will be set to null

Thank you! This method works.

As a follow up (sorry I'm new to this, don't know if I should start a new
thread?): if I have vertices that are in 'vertices' but not in 'edges' (the
opposite of what you mention), will they be counted as part of the graph
but with 0 edges, or will they be dropped from the graph? When I count the
number of vertices with vertices.count, I get 13,628 nodes. When I count
graph vertices with graph.vertices.count, I get 12,274 nodes. When I count
vertices with 1+ degrees with graph.degrees.count I get 10,091 vertices...
What am I dropping each time?

Thanks again!