spark-user mailing list archives

From YaoPau <jonrgr...@gmail.com>
Subject Spark SQL deprecating Hive? How will I access Hive metadata in the future?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 19:24:36 GMT
I've heard that Spark SQL will be or has already started deprecating HQL.  We
have Spark SQL + Python jobs that currently read from the Hive metastore to
get things like table location and partition values.

Will we have to re-code these functions in future releases of Spark (maybe
by connecting to Hive directly), or will fetching Hive metastore data be
supported in future releases via regular SQL?

Jon