spark-user mailing list archives

From Zhiliang Zhu <zchl.j...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: How to properly set conf/spark-env.sh for spark to run on yarn
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 02:57:05 GMT
Hi All,
Would some expert help me some about the issue...
I shall appreciate you kind help very much!
Thank you!
Zhiliang

     On Sunday, September 27, 2015 7:40 PM, Zhiliang Zhu <zchl.jump@yahoo.com.INVALID>
wrote:

 Hi Alexis, Gavin,
Thanks very much for your kind comment.My spark command is :
spark-submit --class com.zyyx.spark.example.LinearRegression --master yarn-client LinearRegression.jar

Both spark-shell and spark-submit will not run, all is hanging during the stage,
15/09/27 19:18:06 INFO yarn.Client: Application report for application_1440676456544_0727
(state: ACCEPTED)...
The more deeper error log under /hdfs/yarn/logs/:
15/09/27 19:10:37 INFO util.Utils: Successfully started service 'sparkYarnAM' on port 53882.
15/09/27 19:10:37 INFO yarn.ApplicationMaster: Waiting for Spark driver to be reachable.
15/09/27 19:10:37 ERROR yarn.ApplicationMaster: Failed to connect to driver at 127.0.0.1:39581,
retrying ...
15/09/27 19:10:37 ERROR yarn.ApplicationMaster: Failed to connect to driver at 127.0.0.1:39581,
retrying ...

For the all machine nodes, I just installed hadoop and spark, with same path & file &
configuration, and
copied one of the hadoop & spark directory to the remote gateway machine, the all would
be with same
path & file name & configuration under different nodes.
In the link Running Spark on YARN - Spark 1.5.0 Documentation, there is some words as:Ensure
that HADOOP_CONF_DIR or YARN_CONF_DIR points to the directory which contains the (client side)
configuration files for the Hadoop cluster.These configs are used to write to HDFS and connect
to the YARN ResourceManager.

I do not exactly catch the first sentence.
hadoop version is 2.5.2, spark version is 1.4.1
The spark-env.sh setting,
export SCALA_HOME=/usr/lib/scala
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_45
export R_HOME=/usr/lib/r
export HADOOP_HOME=/usr/lib/hadoop
export YARN_CONF_DIR=/usr/lib/hadoop/etc/hadoop
export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=$HADOOP_HOME/etc/hadoop

export SPARK_MASTER_IP=master01
#export SPARK_LOCAL_IP=master02
export SPARK_LOCAL_IP=localhost
export SPARK_LOCAL_DIRS=/data/spark_local_dir

Would you help point out what is wrong place I made...I must show sincere appreciation towards
your help.
Best Regards,Zhiliang