spark-user mailing list archives

From patcharee <Patcharee.Thong...@uni.no>
Subject spark 1.5 sort slow
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 08:06:53 GMT
Hi,

I found spark 1.5 sorting is very slow compared to spark 1.4. Below is
my code snippet

     val sqlRDD = sql("select date, u, v, z from fino3_hr3 where zone ==
2 and z >= 2 and z <= order by date, z")
     println("sqlRDD " + sqlRDD.count())

The fino3_hr3 (in the sql command) is a hive table in orc format,
partitioned by zone and z.

Spark 1.5 takes 4.5 mins to execute this sql, while spark 1.4 takes 1.5
mins. I noticed that dissimilar to spark 1.4 when spark 1.5 sorted, data
was shuffled into few tasks, not divided for all tasks. Do I need to set
any configuration explicitly? Any suggestions?

BR,
Patcharee