spark-user mailing list archives

From Robin East <robin.e...@xense.co.uk>
Subject Re: Applying transformations on a JavaRDD using reflection
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 11:19:20 GMT
Have you got some code already that demonstrates the problem?
> On 9 Sep 2015, at 04:45, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal@wso2.com> wrote:
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal@wso2.com <mailto:nirmal@wso2.com>>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to apply a chain of Spark transformations (map/filter) on a given JavaRDD. I'll
have the set of Spark transformations as Function<T,A>, and even though I can determine
the classes of T and A at the runtime, due to the type erasure, I cannot call JavaRDD's transformations
as they expect generics. Any idea on how to resolve this?