spark-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: What is the current status of ML ?
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 18:30:52 GMT
I think the story is that the new spark.ml "pipelines" API is the
future. Most (all?) of the spark.mllib functionality has been ported
over and/or translated. I don't know that spark.mllib will actually be
deprecated soon -- not until spark.ml is fully blessed as 'stable' I'd
imagine, at least. Even if it were I don't think it would go away. You
can use spark.mllib now as it is pretty stable with some confidence,
and look to spark.ml if you're interested in the "2.0" of MLlib and
are willing to work with APIs that may change a bit.