I’m attempting to ingest some XML data created by Microsoft Biztalk using spark. In order to validate and simplify the parsing of the XML I’d like to use scalaxb, however when trying to convert the RDD of scalaxb objects to a Dataframe, I get the following error:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Schema for type scalaxb.DataRecord[scala.Any] is not supported

I’ve written up a more detailed description over on Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32361226/creating-dataframe-from-xml-parsed-by-scalaxb

Is there a way to get the toDF() function to support custom Any types? If not, is there a better way to go about ingesting SOAP-like XML with Spark and Scala? I’m new to scalaxb and Scala in general.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Mattacmatta@mapr.com
215-701-3146