spark-user mailing list archives

From Nicos <mini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommendation for a good book on Spark, beginner to moderate knowledge
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2016 22:29:00 GMT
I agree with suggestion to start with "Learning Spark" to further forge your knowledge of Spark
fundamentals.

"Advanced Analytics with Spark" has good practical reinforcement of what you learn from the
previous book. Though it is a bit advanced, in my opinion some practical/real applications
are better covered in this book.

For DataFrame and other online Apache Spark documentation is still the best source.

Keep in mind Spark and its different subsystems are constantly evolving. Publications will
be always somewhat outdated but not the key fundamental concepts.

Cheers,
- Nicos
+++

> On Feb 28, 2016, at 1:53 PM, Michał Zieliński <zielinski.michal0@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Most of the books are outdated (don't include DataFrames or Spark ML and focus on RDDs
and MLlib). The one I particularly liked is "Learning Spark". It starts from the basics, but
has lots of useful tips on caching, serialization etc.