spark-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Help needed in deleting a message posted in Spark User List
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 15:21:48 GMT

> On 5 Feb 2016, at 17:35, Marcelo Vanzin <vanzin@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> You don't... just send a new one.
>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 9:33 AM, swetha kasireddy
> <swethakasireddy@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to edit/delete a message posted in Spark User List. How do I do that?
>>
>> Thanks!

it isn't technically possible

http://apache.org/foundation/public-archives.html

People do occasionally ask on the infrastructure mailing list to do do this, but they aren't
in a position to do anything about the copies that end up in the mailboxes of every subscriber.

Don't worry about it; we've all done things like post internal stack traces, accidentally
mail the wrong list, etc, etc.

Now, accidentally breaking the nightly build of everything, that's somewhat embarrassing —but
you haven't done that and it's been ~4 months since I've done that myself.

-Steve