spark-user mailing list archives

From "Ulanov, Alexander" <alexander.ula...@hpe.com>
Subject RE: Spark LBFGS Error with ANN
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 18:51:02 GMT
Hi Hayri,

The MLP classifier is multi-class (one class per instance) but not multi-label (multiple classes
per instance). The top layer of the network is softmax http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/ml-classification-regression.html#multilayer-perceptron-classifier
that requires the outputs sum to 1. Public interface accepts vector-label pairs.

Best regards, Alexander

From: Hayri Volkan Agun [mailto:volkanagun@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 11:02 AM
To: user @spark
Subject: Spark LBFGS Error with ANN

I am using Multilayer Percertron Classifier. In each training instance there are multiple
1.0 in the ouput vector of the Multilayer Perceptron Classifier. This is necessary. With small
number of training data I am getting the following error

ERROR LBFGS: Failure again! Giving up and returning. Maybe the objective is just poorly behaved?

What is the problem? My objective output is a vector for instance :

[1.0 0.0 0.0 1.0] is my label with 4 double values. My network topology is 100,20,4.

Thanks in advance
Hayri Volkan Agun
PhD. Student - Anadolu University