spark-user mailing list archives

From Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommendation for a good book on Spark, beginner to moderate knowledge
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2016 23:25:27 GMT
In my opinion the best way to learn something is trying it on the spot.

As suggested if you have Hadoop, Hive and Spark installed and you are OK
with SQL then you will have to focus on Scala and Spark pretty much.

Your best bet is interactive work through Spark shell with Scala,
understanding RDD, DataFrame, Transformation and actions. You also have
online docs and a great number of users in this forum that can potentially
help you with your questions. Buying books can help but nothing takes the
place of getting your hands dirty so to speak.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com