spark-user mailing list archives

From Hans van den Bogert <hansbog...@gmail.com>
Subject Java/Spark Library for interacting with Spark API
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 13:38:05 GMT
Hi,

Does anyone know of a Java/Scala library (not simply a HTTP library) for interacting with
Spark through its REST/HTTP API? My “problem” is that interacting through REST induces
a lot of work mapping the JSON to sensible Spark/Scala objects.

So a simple example, I hope there is a library which allows me to do something like this (not
a prerequisite, only as example):

    sparkHost(“10.0.01”).getApplications().first().getJobs().first().status

In broader scope, is using the REST API the only way to retrieve information from Spark by
a different (JVM) process?

Regards,

Hans