spark-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to introduce spark to your colleague if he has no background about *** spark related
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 06:35:15 GMT
It depends of course on the background of the people but how about some examples ("word count")
how it works in the background.

> On 01 Feb 2016, at 07:31, charles li <charles.upboy@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Apache Spark™ is a fast and general engine for large-scale data processing.
>
> it's a good profile of spark, but it's really too short for lots of people if then have
little background in this field.

> ok, frankly, I'll give a tech-talk about spark later this week, and now I'm writing a
slide about that, but I'm stuck at the first slide.

> I'm going to talk about three question about spark in the first part of my talk, for
most of my colleagues has no background on spark, hadoop, so I want to talk :

> 1. the background of birth of spark
> 2. pros and cons of spark, or the situations that spark is going to handle, or why we
use spark
> 3. the basic principles of spark,
> 4. the basic conceptions of spark
>
> have anyone met kinds of this problem, introduce spark to one who has no background on
your field? and I hope you can tell me how you handle this problem at that time, or give some
ideas about the 4 sections mentioned above.