Hi Ashok,

Another book recommendation (I am the author): “Big Data Analytics with Spark”

The first half of the book is specifically written for people just getting started with Big Data and Spark.

Mohammed

Author: Big Data Analytics with Spark

From: Suhaas Lang [mailto:suhaas.lang@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2016 6:21 PM
To: Jules Damji
Cc: Ashok Kumar; User
Subject: Re: Recommendation for a good book on Spark, beginner to moderate knowledge

Thanks, Jules!

On Feb 28, 2016 7:47 PM, "Jules Damji" <dmatrix@comcast.net> wrote:

Suhass,

When I referred to interactive shells, I was referring the the Scala & Python interactive language shells. Both Python & Scala come with respective interacive shells. By just typing “python” or “scala” (assume the installation bin directory is in your $PATH), it will put fire up the shell.

As for the “pyspark” and “spark-shell”, they both come with the Spark installation and are in $spark_install_dir/bin directory.

Have a go at them. Best way to learn the language.

Cheers

Jules

--

“Language is the palate from which we draw all colors of our life.”

Jules Damji