spark-user mailing list archives

From Aida <Aida1.Tef...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing Spark on Mac
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 20:18:58 GMT
Hi all,

I am a complete novice and was wondering whether anyone would be willing to
provide me with a step by step guide on how to install Spark on a Mac; on
standalone mode btw.

I downloaded a prebuilt version, the second version from the top. However, I
have not installed Hadoop and am not planning to at this stage.

I also downloaded Scala from the Scala website, do I need to download
anything else?

I am very eager to learn more about Spark but am unsure about the best way
to do it.

I would be happy for any suggestions or ideas

Many thanks,

Aida