spark-user mailing list archives

From Tristan Nixon <st...@memeticlabs.org>
Subject Re: Installing Spark on Mac
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 21:58:39 GMT
That’s very strange. I just un-set my SPARK_HOME env param, downloaded a fresh 1.6.0 tarball,

unzipped it to local dir (~/Downloads), and it ran just fine - the driver port is some randomly
generated large number.
So SPARK_HOME is definitely not needed to run this.

Aida, you are not running this as the super-user, are you?  What versions of Java & Scala
do you have installed?

> On Mar 9, 2016, at 3:53 PM, Aida Tefera <aida1.tefera@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jakob,
>
> Tried running the command env|grep SPARK; nothing comes back
>
> Tried env|grep Spark; which is the directory I created for Spark once I downloaded the
tgz file; comes back with PWD=/Users/aidatefera/Spark