spark-user mailing list archives

From Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scet...@free.fr>
Subject Re: python support of mapWithState
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 01:07:47 GMT
It's a pity, I have now to port python code cause the support the three languages is not the
same :(
> On Mar 24, 2016, at 20:58, Holden Karau <holden@pigscanfly.ca> wrote:
>
> In general the Python API lags behind the Scala & Java APIs. The Scala & Java
APIs tend to be easier to keep in sync since they are both in the JVM and a bit more work
is needed to expose the same functionality from the JVM in Python (or re-implement the Scala
code in Python where appropriate).

> On Thursday, March 24, 2016, Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scetbon@free.fr <mailto:cyril.scetbon@free.fr>>
wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> It seems that mapWithState is not supported. Am I right ? Is there a reason there are
3 languages supported and one is behind the two others ?