spark-user mailing list archives

From ็Ž‹่‚‡ๅบท <wang...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: Update edge weight in graphx
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Naveen,

You can "modify" an RDD by creating a new RDD based on the existing one. You
can add vertices and edges via **union** operation and create a new graph with
the new vertex RDD and the edge RDD. By this way, you can "modify" the old
graph.

Best wishes,

Zhaokang

> On Mar 2 2016, at 6:49 am, Mohammed Guller &lt;mohammed@glassbeam.com&gt;
wrote:

> Like RDDs, Graphs are also immutable.

> Mohammed
Author: Big Data Analytics with Spark

\-----Original Message-----
From: naveen.marri [mailto:naveenkumarmarri6014@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 29, 2016 9:11 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Update edge weight in graphx

> Hi,

     I'm trying to implement an algorithm using graphx which involves updating edge weight
during every iteration. the format is [Node]-[Node]--[Weight]
  Ex:
      I checked in docs of graphx but didn't find any resources to change the weight of the
edge for a same RDD
     I know RDDs are immutable , is there any way to do this in graphx
     Also is there any way to dynamically add vertices and edges to the graph within same
RDD?

>      Regards,
     Naveen

> \--
list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/Update-edge-weight-in-graphx-tp26367.html>

commands, e-mail: user-help@spark.apache.org