spark-user mailing list archives

From Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scet...@free.fr>
Subject Re: StateSpec raises error "missing arguments for method"
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 04:28:24 GMT
hmm, I finally found that the following syntax works better :

scala> val mappingFunction = (key: String, value: Option[Int], state: State[Int]) =>
{
     | Option(key)
     | }
mappingFunction: (String, Option[Int], org.apache.spark.streaming.State[Int]) => Option[String]
= <function3>

scala> val spec = StateSpec.function(mappingFunction)
spec: org.apache.spark.streaming.StateSpec[String,Int,Int,Option[String]] = StateSpecImpl(<function4>)

This code comes from one of the spark examples. If anyone can explain me the difference between
the two.

Regards