spark-user mailing list archives

From Cody Koeninger <c...@koeninger.org>
Subject Re: How to gracefully handle Kafka OffsetOutOfRangeException
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:40:22 GMT
Is that happening only at startup, or during processing?  If that's
happening during normal operation of the stream, you don't have enough
resources to process the stream in time.

There's not a clean way to deal with that situation, because it's a
violation of preconditions.  If you want to modify the code to do what
makes sense for you, start looking at handleFetchErr in KafkaRDD.scala
  Recompiling that package isn't a big deal, because it's not a part
of the core spark deployment, so you'll only have to change your job,
not the deployed version of spark.