spark-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Imberman <daniel.imber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forcing data from disk to memory
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 15:22:10 GMT
Hi Takeshi,

Thank you for getting back to me. If this is not possible then perhaps you
can help me with the root problem that caused me to ask this question.

Basically I have a job where I'm loading/persisting an RDD and running
queries against it. The problem I'm having is that even though there is
plenty of space in memory, the RDD is not fully persisting. Once I run
multiple queries against it the RDD fully persists, but this means that the
first 4/5 queries I run are extremely slow.

Is there any way I can make sure that the entire RDD ends up in memory the
first time I load it?

Thank you