spark-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel <ele...@msn.com>
Subject spark.ml : eval model outside sparkContext
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 22:47:49 GMT
Hello,
In MLLib with Spark 1.4, I was able to eval a model by loading it and using `predict` on a
vector of features. I would train on Spark but use my model on my workflow.

In `spark.ml` it seems like the only way to eval is to use `transform` which only takes a
DataFrame.To build a DataFrame i need a sparkContext or SQLContext, so it doesn't seem to
be possible to eval outside of Spark.

Is there either a way to build a DataFrame without a sparkContext, or predict with a vector
or list of features without a DataFrame?
Thanks