Hey Steve,

This isn't possible today, but it would not be hard to allow.  You should open a feature request JIRA.

Michael

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Steve Lewis <lordjoe2000@gmail.com> wrote:
 I have a relatively complex Java object that I would like to use in a dataset

if I say
Encoder<MyType> evidence = Encoders.kryo(MyType.class);
JavaRDD<MyType> rddMyType= generateRDD(); // some code

 Dataset<MyType> datasetMyType= sqlCtx.createDataset( rddMyType.rdd(), evidence);

I get one column - the whole object
The object is a bean with all fields having getters and setters but some of the fields are other complex java objects -
It would be fine to serielize the objects in these fields with Kryo or Java serialization but the Bean serializer treats all referenced objects as beans and some lack the required getter and setter fields
How can I get my columns with bean serializer even if some of the values in the columns are not bean types