Hi Mark,

I beg I agree to differ on the interpretation of N-tier architecture. Agreed that 3-tier and by extrapolation N-tier have been around since days of client-server architecture. However, they are as valid today as 20 years ago. I believe the main recent expansion of n-tier has been on horizontal scaling and Spark by means of its clustering capability contributes to this model.

Cheers