spark-user mailing list archives

From Sivakumaran S <siva.kuma...@me.com>
Subject Re: Python to Scala
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2016 13:50:04 GMT
If you can identify a suitable java example in the spark directory, you can use that as a template
and convert it to scala code using http://javatoscala.com/ <http://javatoscala.com/>

Siva

> On 18-Jun-2016, at 6:27 AM, Aakash Basu <raj2cool16@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't have a sound knowledge in Python and on the other hand we are working on Spark
on Scala, so I don't think it will be allowed to run PySpark along with it, so the requirement
is to convert the code to scala and use it. But I'm finding it difficult.

> Did not find a better forum for help than ours. Hence this mail.
>
> On 18-Jun-2016 10:39 AM, "Stephen Boesch" <javadba@gmail.com <mailto:javadba@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> What are you expecting us to do?  Yash provided a reasonable approach - based on the
info you had provided in prior emails.  Otherwise you can convert it from python to spark
- or find someone else who feels comfortable to do it.  That kind of inquiry would likelybe
appropriate on a job board.

> Hey,
>
> Our complete project is in Spark on Scala, I code in Scala for Spark, though am new,
but I know it and still learning. But I need help in converting this code to Scala. I've nearly
no knowledge in Python, hence, requested the experts here.

> Hope you get me now.
>
> Thanks,
> Aakash.
>
> On 18-Jun-2016 10:07 AM, "Yash Sharma" <yash360@gmail.com <mailto:yash360@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> You could use pyspark to run the python code on spark directly. That will cut the effort
of learning scala.

> https://spark.apache.org/docs/0.9.0/python-programming-guide.html <https://spark.apache.org/docs/0.9.0/python-programming-guide.html>
> - Thanks, via mobile,  excuse brevity.
>
> On Jun 18, 2016 2:34 PM, "Aakash Basu" <raj2cool16@gmail.com <mailto:raj2cool16@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've a python code, which I want to convert to Scala for using it in a Spark program.
I'm not so well acquainted with python and learning scala now. Any Python+Scala expert here?
Can someone help me out in this please?