spark-user mailing list archives

From 谭成灶 <tanx...@live.cn>
Subject How to share cached tables when the Thrift server runs in multi-session mode in spark 1.6
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 07:41:35 GMT
 HI

      I created a cached table through Session A via beeline, through which I am able to access
data.  I tried to access this cached table from another session, but I cannot find it.

Got the solution from spark site itself:

From Spark 1.6, by default the Thrift server runs in multi-session mode. Which means each
JDBC/ODBC connection owns a copy of their own SQL configuration and temporary function registry.Cached
tables are still shared though. If you prefer to run the Thrift server in the old single-session
mode, please set option spark.sql.hive.thriftServer.singleSession to true. You may either
add this option to spark-defaults.conf, or pass it to start-thriftserver.sh via --conf:

What ‘s the meaning of “Cached tables are still shared though”  ?

Regards