spark-user mailing list archives

From Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Many executors with the same ID in web UI (under Executors)?
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2016 16:53:47 GMT
mine is 1.6.1 running in YARN with one worker all on 1-node cluster

This is my own version spark-shell

    export SPARK_SUBMIT_OPTS
    ${SPARK_HOME}/bin/spark-submit \
                --driver-memory=8G \
                --num-executors=8 \
                --executor-memory=1G \
                --master yarn \
                --deploy-mode client \
                --executor-cores=8 \
                --conf "spark.scheduler.mode=FAIR" \
                --conf "spark.ui.port=55555" \
                --conf "spark.driver.port=54631" \
                --conf "spark.fileserver.port=54731" \
                --conf "spark.blockManager.port=54832" \
                --conf "spark.kryoserializer.buffer.max=512" \
                --conf "spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-XX:+PrintGCDetails
-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps" \
                --class org.apache.spark.repl.Main \
                --name "my own Spark shell on YARN" "$@"

With driver memory = 8G with num-executors=8 and executor-memory=1

But in my case there are two executors. The driver itself plus incremental
executor ID like below

[image: Inline images 1]
However, That is consistent with resources I have. After all YARN decides
how to allocate resources not submitters?

In my Jobs page I have Completed and Failed Jobs

[image: Inline images 2]

So I am not sure in your case what is happening

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com