spark-user mailing list archives

From shiv4nsh <shiva...@knoldus.com>
Subject How spark makes partition when we insert data using the Sql query, and how the permissions to the partitions is assigned.?
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 07:43:59 GMT
Hey guys I am using Apache Spark 1.5.2, and I am running the Sql query using
the SQLContext and when I run the insert query it saves the data in
partition (as expected).

I am just curious and want to know how these partitions are made and how the
permissions to these partition is assigned . Can we change it? Does it
behave differently on hdfs.?

If someone can point me to the exact code in spark  that would be
beneficial.

I have also posted it on  stackOverflow.
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38138113/how-spark-makes-partition-when-we-insert-data-using-the-sql-query-and-how-the-p>