spark-user mailing list archives

From Sivakumaran S <siva.kuma...@me.com>
Subject Re: Visualization of data analysed using spark
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2016 09:15:24 GMT
Hi Tony,

If your requirement is browser based plotting (real time or other wise), you can load the
data and display it in a browser using D3. Since D3 has very low level plotting routines,
you can look at C3 ( provided by www.pubnub.com) or Rickshaw (https://github.com/shutterstock/rickshaw
<https://github.com/shutterstock/rickshaw>) both of which provide a higher level abstraction
for plotting.

HTH,

Regards,

Sivakumaran

> On 31-Jul-2016, at 7:35 AM, Gourav Sengupta <gourav.sengupta@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you are using  Python, please try using Bokeh and its related stack. Most of the people
in this forum including guys at data bricks have not tried that stack from Anaconda, its worth
a try when you are visualizing data in big data stack.

<mailto:rerngvit.yanggratoke@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Since you already have an existing application (not starting from scratch), the simplest
way to visualize would be to export the data to a file (e.g., a CSV file) and visualise using
other tools, e.g., Excel, RStudio, Matlab, Jupiter, Zeppelin, Tableu, Elastic Stack.
> The choice depends on your background and preferences of the technology. Note that if
you are dealing with a large dataset, you generally first should apply sampling to the data.
A good mechanism to sampling depends on your application domain.

> - Rerngvit
> > On 30 Jul 2016, at 21:45, Tony Lane <tonylane.nyc@gmail.com <mailto:tonylane.nyc@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> > I am developing my analysis application by using spark (in eclipse as the IDE)
> >
> > what is a good way to visualize the data, taking into consideration i have multiple
files which make up my spark application.