spark-user mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>
Subject Re: Executors assigned to STS and number of workers in Stand Alone Mode
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 21:04:28 GMT
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Mich Talebzadeh
<mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yarn promises the best resource management I believe. Having said that I have not used
Mesos myself.

I'm glad you've mentioned it.

I think Cloudera (and Hortonworks?) guys are doing a great job with
bringing all the features of YARN to Spark and I think Spark on YARN
shines features-wise.

I'm not in a position to compare YARN vs Mesos for their resource
management, but Spark on Mesos is certainly lagging behind Spark on
YARN regarding the features Spark uses off the scheduler backends --
security, data locality, queues, etc. (or I might be simply biased
after having spent months with Spark on YARN mostly?).

Jacek